The heavy bag, also known as a punching bag, is an iconic piece of boxing equipment that has stood the test of time. It has been used by boxers and Muay Thai fighters for years.
This tried and tested piece of equipment has shaped many champions in the ring and continues to be an important piece of any gym.
Heavy bag workouts improve technique, increase power and strength, build better balance and coordination, and reduce stress. For these reasons, heavy bag workouts are great not just for the pros, but for anyone looking to improve their physical fitness.
That is why it is so important to know how to choose a punching bag in order to start mastering both simple and complex punching techniques.
How to fill the punching bag?
The filling must be such that after the impact the shape returns to its original state, but at the same time it does not spring and the fist does not sink into its structure.
Let us take a closer look at the materials used by official manufacturers.
Cloth or rags
Textile rags are the most popular type of filling. This padding protects the arms and joints of the athlete from injury or damage during all types of work on the projectile. The density of the filling is adjustable.
Another high quality material. Although bags with it are soft, they are quite heavy and resilient. Good cushioning ensures that even the hardest impact will not hurt an athlete's hands. The filling does not wick away during use and does not decay or grow mouldy. Furthermore, it does not harm the upholstery. Most modern manufacturers produce a mixed version - leather and rag. This makes the shells even more functional and durable.
Therefore, in its pure form it is rarely used, but is combined with some opening agent - sawdust, crumbs of rubber, granules. Sand and sawdust will add weight and density to your punching bag that you wouldn't be able to get with just clothes. If you're looking for a punching bag that requires more force, sand or sawdust is an easy, affordable option.
The Fairtex HB5 Heavy Bag is 4 feet tall. This heavy bag’s outer shell uses Syntek Leather.
Inside, there is a heavy-duty nylon lining that is water and tear resistant. The industrial strength nylon web straps have extra stitching and rivets to reinforce key stress points. World class materials and construction make this Fairtex HB5 punching bag super durable. This bag is ready to take a beating!
6ft Muay Thai Banana Bag, filled weight/ 40 kg and 6 feet tall.
This Fairtex design is famous for providing a full contact, total body workout. The HB6 heavy bag is perfect for training all types of strikes and drills.
This style of punching bag is very popular,and is found in top Muay Thai and Kickboxing gyms worldwide. Of course, it’s versatility makes it suitable for other martial art disciplines, too. The heavy bag exterior uses Syntek Leather, with a heavy-duty, water resistant and non-tear nylon lining.
Fairtex original design for punching, kicking and kneeing drills with unique tear drop shape to simulate an opponent.
Supports correct knee practising by moving straps up so that user does not hold it during knee practising but holds the hands around the bottleneck instead - the correct way to practice knees. At the same time, training area is extended by moving nylon straps up.
With proper installation, this bag is also designed for low kick and neck kick practising as well.
Super Tear Drop Heavy Bag New Constructed of premium syntek leather with heavy duty water resistant and non-tear nylon lining with nylon web strap.
Designed specifically for Muaythai stand-up clinching, kneeing, punching and kicking drills.
Dimension: 38 cm dia. X 93 cm. Approximate weight after fill: 40 kgs
With this heavy bag equipment, you can do pretty much anything. You will entire body to create momentum, speed, power and, in turn, burning so many calories while gaining strength. And while shadow boxing (hitting the air) is an effective way to learn the technique, upgrading your home gym set-up with a punching bag is guaranteed to pack more power into your punches.
The Blegend HB Uni 6ft Muay Thai Banana Bag is a heavy bag that’s great for training all types of strikes and drills. The banana shape provides a full contact, total body workout. Of course, it’s versatility makes it suitable for other martial art disciplines, too. The heavy bag exterior uses Microfiber, with a heavy-duty, water resistant lining.
Blegend Heavy Bag HB Uni is great for boxing and kickboxing training, with a large striking surface area that allows you to practice punches, kicks and knee strikes with ease. The durable nylon material ensures that your heavy bag will last as long as you need it to!
• Dimension: 36 cm dia. X 180 cm. • Approximate weight after fill: 39 kgs. • Constructed from Microfiber with heavy duty water resistant and non-tear nylon lining.
Blegend Heavy Bag is designed to give you a full contact, total body workout.
TheBlegend heavy BagHB3 is a classic style heavy bag. It is suitable for all types of martial arts training, but especially ideal for boxing drills.
The HB3 heavy bag requires more upper body strength and power for training.
This heavy bag’s outer shell uses a blend of materials. The bottom half of the bag uses durable leather and the upper portion uses high quality synthetic material. Inside, there is a heavy-duty nylon lining that is water and tear resistant. The industrial strength nylon web straps have extra stitching and rivets to reinforce key stress points.
Water Heavy Bag from Fairtex is excellent for many boxing drills.
Designed to be filled easily with water at home. Its weight can be easily adjusted depending on personal preference The rebounding feel of a water-filled punching bag is more natural and closer to reality than the unresponsive filling of traditional bags.
- Extra-large design for a more imposing opponent and building upper body strength and power<br>- Constructed of high-grade Thai Leather and non-tear nylon<br>- Heavy-duty water-resistant and non-tear nylon lining with nylon web straps
- 4 feet tall heavy bag with Syntek Leather outer shell<br>- Heavy-duty, water and tear-resistant nylon lining<br>- Industrial strength nylon web straps with extra stitching and rivets
- 6ft Muay Thai Banana Bag, 40 kg filled weight<br>- Famous for providing a full-contact, total body workout<br>- Syntek Leather exterior with heavy-duty, water-resistant and non-tear nylon lining
Fairtex Sandbag HB7
- 7ft Pole Bag for training all types of strikes and drills
Fairtex Sandbag HB10
- Unique tear drop shape to simulate an opponent<br>- Supports correct knee practicing with straps positioned for proper grip<br>- Suitable for low kicks and neck kicks
Fairtex Uppercut Sandbag HB11
- Uppercut Bag designed for uppercut drills
Fairtex Sandbag HB15
- Super Tear Drop Heavy Bag designed specifically for Muay Thai stand-up clinching, kneeing, punching, and kicking drills
Blegend Heavy Bag HB Uni
- 6ft Muay Thai Banana Bag suitable for all types of strikes and drills<br>- Microfiber exterior with heavy-duty water-resistant and non-tear nylon lining
Blegend Heavy Bag HB3 Black Red
- Classic style heavy bag suitable for all types of martial arts training<br>- Requires more upper body strength and power<br>- Blend of durable leather and high-quality synthetic material for the outer shell<br>- Heavy-duty, water and tear-resistant nylon lining<br>- Industrial strength nylon web straps with extra stitching and rivets
Fairtex Heavy Bag HB16 Water Heavy Bag
- Water-filled heavy bag for natural rebounding feel and adjustable weight<br>- Designed for boxing drills such as hooks and uppercuts<br>- Easy to fill with water at home
The heavy bag, also known as a punching bag, is a classic and effective training tool for boxers. Heavy bag workouts are a great way to improve your fitness and conditioning. Whether you're looking to get in shape or just want to improve your technique, the heavy bag is an excellent tool.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.