Whether you're a professional or amateur boxer, you've already faced the question of what equipment to wear, and gloves are the most important part of that equipment. What's the difference between them? And why is the price for boxing gloves so different?
Material of Boxing Gloves
So, gloves for different purposes (training in pairs, equipment, competitions) are made of different materials:
- Natural leather. It is durable, the hand sweats much less than in any other material;
- Synthetic leather. less wear-resistant but lower in price;
- Combination of leather and suede for the palm and leatherette for the upper. More breathability than synthetic leather; attractively priced.
- Microfiber. Microfiber leather is a high quality synthetic and extremely technical product. Thanks to the use of microfiber, it imitates the structure of natural leather and its appearance and characteristics are even superior to leather in terms of durability! Due to its superior characteristics, synthetic microfiber leather is used by leading manufacturers of boxing gloves such as BLEGEND Boxing Gloves.
Boxing Gloves Closure Kinds
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a pair of gloves is the kind of closure. There are two types of glove closure that are used most commonly by boxers:
1. Velcro Boxing Gloves
Training gloves are provided with either velcro or elastic bands. Velcro gloves ensure high level of protection for your hands and those of your sparring partner. These gloves are easy to put on and take off by themselves. A wider cuff protects against injury and provides greater retention.
2. Lace Up Boxing Gloves
Models with laces are the best way to fix the outfit on the hand, but require a little help in putting them on. Used mainly in professional boxing. When fitting, remember that the glove should not be stretched as you will be using bandages.
Boxing Gloves Weight
Weight can range from 8oz to 16oz, so choose according to your purpose and requirements. For high-protection training choose a model weighing more than 12 oz (ounces, 1 oz = 28.35 g). For bag work you can choose 8 oz - 10 oz. If you are more heavy and you want to use the boxing gloves for sparring, use 14oz - 16 oz.
Boxing Gloves Type
- Bag gloves have thick padding and offer ample wrist support. Bag gloves are available in two variations: classic bag gloves and modern bag gloves. Bag Gloves can be from 6oz to 10 oz.
- Sparring Gloves
Sparring gloves have thicker padding as compared to bag gloves. They are specifically designed to prevent injuries during sparring sessions. The weight of sparring gloves ranges from 12 oz to 16 oz according to your weight.
What brand to choose for your boxing gloves?
Considering the best brands for boxing gloves, it is worth highlighting such brands:
- BLEGEND Boxing Gloves;
- FAIRTEX Boxing Gloves;
- KING PRO BOXING Gloves;
- BUAKAW Boxing Gloves
- BOOSTER FIGHT GEAR Boxing Gloves.
Shop for best boxing gloves at Muay Thai Outlet
Whatever sports you love, this is your destination - Muay Thai Outlet shop is an online shopping website for every sport lover. Muay Thai Outlet has expanded from Muay Thai & Boxing offline shop to a leading worldwide online shop.
Muay Thai Outlet takes pride in carrying the most authentic Thai gear and clothing. We only offer premium products such as boxing gloves, shinguards, mouthguards, belly pads, handwraps, headguards to our customers and train hard to ensure they are always ready for action.